“Halt! Only the worthy may pass through this hall! Mark my words!”
“And how, pray tell, does one go about proving one’s worthiness?”
“I shall ask of you several questions regarding various subject matters. You
must answer all of them correctly in order to proceed.”
“Fine by me.
I’ve always thought I had a gift for trivia.”
1. What song is sung by the character Blanche in "A Streetcar Named Desire"?
2. If you live in Yamoussoukro, what nation do you call home?
3. In the
song "We Didn't Start the Fire," Billy Joel lists off a number of historical
names, places, titles, and events. What is the first place he mentions?
What is the common name for the era spanning the years from 2000 B.C. to 800
5. What fictional toy, invented as an April Fools hoax by GAMES
magazine, was supposedly made of a new type of glass that was completely
invisible to the naked eye?
6. What was the name of the 1982 duet sung by
Stevie Wonder and Paul McCartney?
7. In a recent thread, a fairly new GL'er
posted a half-poem, half-riddle to which the answer was "poison." What is his
8. If you mix the two elements whose atomic numbers have a sum of 79
and a product of 1450, what is the result?
9. What N64 game features King
Dedede, Ribbon, and Waddle Dee?
10. Guy is dumb, guy has an operation, guy
is smart, operation wears off, guy is dumb again. What short story have I just
summarized? (At this point, the sentry mutters under his breath, “Square it.”
You’re about to ask him what he means, but he just goes on to the next
11. According to their official web site, what band considered
such creative monikers as "Oceans of chocolate," "False Intelligence," and
"The" before settling on their current name?
12. What store
figured in the plot of the eleventh episode of the sixth season of Friends?
13. In 1879, a careless employee of Procter and Gamble neglected to turn off a
machine during his lunch break, resulting in the accidental discovery of a new
product. What was it?
14. "When the sun comes up on a sleepy little town /
Down around San Antone" is the start of what classic rock tune? (The sentry
mutters, "minus 1.")
15. What's the more common term for a bombyx
16. Who did Gunnar Hansen portray in a classic 1974 horror movie?
(The sentry mutters, “times 7.”)
17. In one episode of "The
Simpsons," Homer attempts to strike a deal with a character named Mr.
Blackheart. What was Mr. Blackheart's occupation?
18. What was the name of
the little boy who befriended Puff the Magic Dragon?
19. The 510th Evac
Hospital served as the setting for the first three seasons of what TV show?
20. In one scene in the film "Ghost," the song "Unchained Melody" is played in
the background. What device is being operated during most of this scene?
21. In a SNL spoof of Celebrity Jeopardy!, what item does Sean Connery suggest
could be used as a drinking glass?